Saturday, May 1, 2010

National Scrapbooking Day -Bugaboo Digi

     Happy NSD ya'll! To celebrate I wanted to show you this card I made using a Bugaboo digital image. I won my choice while hopping on  their latest blog hop. I chose the little cowboy image. Isn't it adorable?? Well they are giving away a similar image for free right now. Well as some of you know I have been trying real hard to do more boy and man cards...they are just so challenging for me but I think I am getting better and remembering sometimes less is more. I read somewhere you can always spot a novice card-maker from a mile away because they tend to over-embellish. GUILTY as charged...I must admit! lol. I loved the way this card turned out if I may say that. You know once in a while when you just look at what you just created and say "I got that one right". My recipe is this little uncolored image was superimposed onto a "scrapbook factory" background image of horses and riders...a bit askew with a fence and ruddy colors-then printed and colored I added the little sign that says "...miss you little wrangler". I cut out the little stick from the same program and I used a little floral wire to hang it as you might see at a dude ranch! LOL... like I'VE ever been to a dude ranch! Now below I made ANOTHER shirt card...yes I am on a roll with these...pairing them with different themes...this one I chose golf! The image is from my program as well.
Someone had mentioned they liked that I coordinated my shirt with the edge pattern. Well that is a little trick too. What I do is put my scrapbook paper into my copier and reduce the size about 50% and print it onto just plain white computer paper...I make my shirt out of that so the pattern is a little smaller. Then I use the regular paper to do the coordinated edge. Well Happy Saturday ya'll...now I'm off to check out what you've been making on your blogs!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I love your "trick" of resizing the scrapbook paper. I'm going to try that!