Friday, May 14, 2010

Rainy Day Flower Power


     Hey ya'll...TGIF! Today I submit (2) flower power cards which qualifies me twice for the  FP challenge over at Catch the bug . This challenge closes at 7AM so I got these crafted up just in time. My card recipe is a little of this and a dash of that. Honestly I don't look at labels I just get to cuttin' sorta' like Edward Scissorhands. I know the paper came from hobby lobby and it was 59cents. You probably can't tell in the picture but it has OWH approved glitter on every other row of flowers (for those that don't know -that's the kind that doesn't flake off!) The sketch is Scrappy's from a few weeks back as cased off of Jan Hunnicut this afternoon! This card also qualifies me for the OWH Wednesday Throw down which is to use this rainy day digi freebie from wink wink ink. You can tell I paper pieced the bear's rain gear! I probably should have put a sentiment April Showers bring May flowers because it seems so fitting now! lol

    This card I tried my best to use up the smaller scraps from the previous card. I used this little digi I drew named Oscar...hes a Camel in case you didn't know, lol. He & three others will be up for grabs on my stop of the OWH Memorial Day Blog Hop...and guess what....just like us...he is FREE!! He loves to smell flowers and this card is full of them. I went and popped a smaller flower on top of the first in several places then I added a little bump of glitter in the centers. It really made it cute but I'm not sure if all of the detail shows in the pic. Thanks for looking and ill leave you with this pic of my fur baby!













5 comments:

Tammy Miller said...

VERY CUTE! LOVE your coloring and layout! Thanks so much for playing along with Bugaboo's Catch the Bug challenge.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Hey Cheryl! LOVING your flower cards, GREAT work! SO GLAD to see you playing with us at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug challenge this week:)

helloholley said...

Love your camel....you are lucky that you are talented enough to draw!! You should start your own digi stamp company!!!!Love your stuff!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I sure was surprised to see my name in your blog post! Thanks, I'm flattered that you C.A.S.E.d me. both of your cards are fabulous, Your paper piecing is a cool idea! Thanks for playing along with the OWH challenge this week!

debb said...

Love your cards- the paper pieced bear is adorable!