Wednesday, April 14, 2010

OWH sketch 12 challenge

     Hi everyone this is my submission for the sketch 12 challenge over at OWH this week. This sketch is by Carol L. The background paper with the stitching I printed to near (oops) exact measurement from my Scrapbook Factory program onto white cardstock and attached to the front of my tan card. This little image is another freebie from http://meljensdesigns.blogspot.com. Isn't it cute? I colored it with markers (cheap ones) lol.. I also used my new MS border punch  I got the other day for ($3.99-WOW) from Tuesday Morning  - I punched both sides of the checkered yellow card stock then layered my ribbon over that, underneath I used OWH "approved" sparkle paper (its the kind that has the sparkle embedded so no sparklies all over my floor or the soldier who receives it) -YAY!!
     Below I made a "MAN" card using the sketch #10 from an OWH past challenge by Ali Manning. Layering plaids on top of solids I thought made a pretty neat "MAN" card -they are so hard for me to do because I can't use flowers - and the little car was a clip art cut out from my Scrapbook Factory program. I stamped on the dad letters after everything was put together. Anyways hope you like them and I hope you have a happy scrapp 'n hump day! :)
                                                                                                                                               Cheryl













2 comments:

Carol L said...

Great cards! I especially love the stitched background and punched borders on the first, and the 2nd is a great take on the sketch!

Susan said...

LOVE your cards, just wonderful :)
Susan