Thursday, July 15, 2010

OWH cards using bold papers

    Hey ya'll i've been afk for sometime...I kinda lost my card mojo after all those Halloween cards -I can't say it is entirely back but I have made a few cards since. I however am posting them way too late but one or two were based on OWH sketch challenge of last week or perhaps even the week before...yeah i'm behind!

I got a new snoopy stamp and thought I'd experiment with some papers that have been a challenge to use in the past due to their bold patterns!




   


   




















 Sometimes ya' just gotta' let the paper speak for itself...I call this under-embellished but it made use of some scraps I had!







Again...challenging paper left to speak for itself and the center life saver I just wrote in "Life's a Beach"...simple!







This here is a Dustin Pike image (I think a freebie) utilizing some scraps again...this time for a birthday card - this layout loosely followed the OWH sketch although my measurements had to be modified! That's it for now, thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Paula S. said...

These are all great! I just love that Cruisin' Snoopy and all the bold, bright colors. I totally agree that some papers practically scream out "don't cover me up!" :)

Nancy said...

I love what you did with the plaid paper and Snoopy's car! Very creative and inspiring for me!

helloholley said...

Cheryl.....these snoopy cards are adorable...I love how you used up your scraps too!.....I also read your posts on glues and I love my ATG gun....I bought mine at framingsupplies.com and they have the rolls of adhesive too for a great price.....I buy 12 rolls at a time for like around $30 dollars and it will last me about 6-9 months!!! Good luck,I think you'll love it....and I've never had a problem with stuff falling off my cards;)
I hope you and your family are having a great summer!!!
Happy Stampin'